Thursday 6 September 2012

What's in the bag, gear I use


I am a Nikon shooter. Always have been and don't see myself making a switch anytime soon. I didn't have much of a choice at the beginning, being that all of my friends and family shot with Nikon. It only made sense that I did too.  I am a self proclaimed gear junkie and have owned just about every current quality lens worth owning. My reviews of gear are based on practicality and field use rather than silly specifications and technical tests which don't help you at all in real field situations. 

I constantly buy and sell lenses and gear on a battle to acquire the perfect working combination. My experience at Curtis James Photography has taught me, this is nearly impossible. Every situation calls for different solutions. Although I have filtered out and narrowed down what best works for my style of shooting. There is no one right way to do anything, rather different styles.

Here's some of the gear I use. 

Bodies
Nikon D4
Nikon D800

Lenses

Nikon 24-70mm f2.8G
Nikon 70-200mm f2.8G vrII
Nikon 16-35mm f4G
Nikon 105mm f2.8G Macro
Nikon 85mm f1.8G
Nikon 50mm f1.8D
Nikon 50mm f1.4G
Sigma 35mm f1.4 DG
Nikon 16mm f2.8D Fisheye

Flashes and Strobes

Nikon SB-900
Nikon SB-600
Alienbees B800 320 w/s
Alienbees ABR800 320 w/s (ringflash)
Interfit EX150 150 w/s

No comments:

Post a Comment